Monday 27 July 2015

A trip to the past - Carcassonne.



Some of my family's very best friends came to the South of France to visit us the other week, and we pretty much went out every day. One of the places we went to was Carcassonne - the medieval city. I've been there hundreds of times (it's a great day out so whenever we've had guests we've taken them there, which means that my family and me have been there countless times) but it's always fun and the last time I went was about 3 years ago, so there was a lot I had forgotten about.
The drive there is pretty straightforward, you just go on the motorway and then follow signs to "Cité" and then to the car park (there are a few so you can take your pick).



Entrance into the city is free. Once we got there, our friends were meeting up with a couple they met on holiday a few years ago, so Sander and me wandered off and had a drink in a really cute terrace-top bar/restaurant. We then had a walk around the city before meeting up with Lisa, Simon and Becca for lunch. Lunch was pretty good, we found a little restaurant and all had a pizza and crepe before heading back into the little streets to explore.

There's loads to see here; an old school museum, a haunted house, a torture museum, countless restaurants and bars, so many different types of shops, a lot of history and architecture, a few churches, sweet shops, jewelerry shops...the list goes on.









If I've now convinced you that Carcassonne is the place to be, then click HERE to have a look at our properties! 

Gina. 


No comments:

Post a Comment