Monday 20 July 2015

Montpellier - one of the best cities ever.

Place de la Comedie
I've always had a love affair with Montpellier, I went to school there for a couple of years you see and couldn't get enough of it. It's just such a relaxed atmosphere but it'd mixed with the busy-ness of a city, it's strange but enticing.




Every time I go there I have a great experience, there's so much to see that you can go there 5 times and still not have seen everything. Hell, I was there for 2 years and there are still loads of places I've never been to.

I went there recently with Sander and my mum because I needed to go to the bank (little word of warning, NEVER open a french bank account) and we decided to make a day of it. We decided to drive up rather than take the train because it's just a little bit easier as long as you don't mind taking the tram. We always park next to Ikea at the Antigone (big shopping center) and then take the tram into the center to the Comedie. As soon as we got there we found one of favourite restaurants right on the main square and had a really delicious meal.

Once my meeting was over, Sander and me went off exploring by ourselves. We found the fake "Arc de Triomphe", went to one of the amazing parks there with such a great view, I then took him to see my old school before heading into the little lanes to grab an iced coffee (not as yummy as you would think). Then after quickly popping into Lush because Montpellier seems to be the only place in France that it exists, we met up with mum again and got on the tram back to the shopping center.

There's so much to do in Montpellier it's crazy, and you can get around so easily thanks to the trams, buses and taxis (although I wouldn't recommend a taxi, you'll pay your entire months wages just to get 5 minutes down the road).

Fake Arc de Triomphe
Honestly, next time you're in the area you should really go there, you definitely won't be disappointed.

Gina.

No comments:

Post a Comment