Thursday 16 July 2015

Sur le pont d'Avignon.



I bet that title brought back some childhood memories, huh? Personally I can just picture myself in my little school uniform, screaming out the lyrics as loud as I possibly can, in potentially the worst French accent you've ever heard.




I went to Avignon a few years ago, and had quite an experience to say the least. My family and I went there with some friends and ended up staying in this horrible and terrifying hotel, which had beheaded dolls hanging form the ceiling and pretty much everywhere else. The staircase was creaky and ancient, covered with a filthy red carpet that must've been there for at least 50 years, the rooms were damp and the doors barely locked, and to top it off, the receptionist was ridiculously creepy. Now, you must be thinking that all of that sounds like a nightmare, but to be honest it's one of the best memories I have because it was all so terrifying! Only after leaving the hotel did we all realise how much fun it actually was.

During out stay, we explored Avignon and everything it had to offer. We went on little hikes and discovered the history and culture of the beautiful city, and enjoyed every second of it. The weather wasn't great, but that didn't really matter at the time.
There are markets, a quay, shops, restaurants and enough bars to keep you busy for the rest of your life. There are so many different chapels and churches to explore, as well as the famous Pont d'Avignon, which even as a 10 year old little girl obsessed with barbie dolls, I still found interesting.

If you want to enjoy Avignon as well, click HERE.

Gina.



No comments:

Post a Comment